Activation of a McAfee account enables, the software to work on protecting your device and data from viruses, malware as well as other online threats. You can access the McAfee security only after the activation of your product. Read the importance of the activation code in the process of McAfee Activate. We also bring simple steps by which you can activate your product using this activation code.
What Is McAfee Activation Code?
After the purchase of your McAfee subscription, you will receive an activation code. This code consists is a 25 character alphanumeric key that is a compilation of unique character created fresh on all purchases. This Activation code is also known as the product key. You usually need this key at the time of either registering or activation of your product. Therefore, you are required to provide this key on the official site designed for activation i.e mcafee.com/activate.
Where Do I Look For My McAfee Activation Code?
The location of your Mcafee Activation code differs upon the way you have bought your product.
In Case Of An Online Purchase
When you purchase your McAfee product online, you will get a confirmation mail. You will get the confirmation mail after the purchase of the McAfee product.
In Case of The Offline Purchase
In case, if you purchase your product offline, you will get a retail card. You will get the activation code at the back of this card. You need to look for this card in the product box that you get at the time of your purchase. In the retail card, your activation code is hidden behind the silver lining panel that need to be scratched properly.
Procedure For McAfee Activate
To initiate the McAfee Activate process, you must follow the below-given set of instructions carefully. This procedure will help you to activate your McAfee subscription without having any sort of problem.
- First and foremost, you must open an internet browser on your computer. For this, you should look at the browser icon located at the bottom left-hand side of the monitor’s screen. Here, you have Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- In the address bar of your browser window, locate the address bar. And then type “mcafee.com/activate”. You will get the address bar at the top of the page. After that, you have to press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- This will take you to the official site that facilitates McAfee Activation.
- In the subsequent window, choose the name of your country from the drop-down menu list. Also, you need to ensure that the correct name is selected from the list.
- In the same window, you have to enter the “25-Digit Activation Code”. Be very vigilant while entering this code as even a small mistake can hamper the activation process. Then click the “Submit” button located at the bottom of the page.
- In the subsequent window, you have to connect to your McAfee Account.
- If you are an existing user, you can easily log in to your Mcafee account. For this, you have to enter the login credentials associated with this account in their respective fields.
- Now, go through the terms and conditions carefully by clicking on their respective links. After that, select the corresponding checkbox in order to agree to all the terms and conditions.
- However, in case, if you are a new user or you don’t have a McAfee account. Then, you have to create a new account.
- For creating an account on the official site of McAfee you have to click on the “Sign Up” button.
- In the next window, you need to provide an email id that you want to link with your McAfee account.
- And then create a strong and unique password for your McAfee account. This password must be more than 6 characters minimum, having, symbols, number, and alphabets. This field is case sensitive.
- After filling all the details, you have to click on the “Sign Up” button for the successful creation of a new McAfee account. This button is located at the bottom of the page.
Follow the above-mentioned procedure for McAfee Activate carefully. You are now ready to experience a secure way to access your device and the internet.